Be The Medicine- A Guide to Growing Organic Spirulina at Home
After thorough research and experimentation, we have finally managed to comprise an easy to use step by step guide that gives you all the information you need to grow your own organic Spirulina at home!
First published in 2014, the book is now used by hundreds of small scale growers who are successfully cultivating their own spirulina at home, all over the world.
Why should you grow organic spirulina at home?
If you’re a Spirulina lover, growing your own spirulina at home makes perfect sense both for your health and for your pocket. You’ll get quality organic spirulina that tastes so much better than the dried powder you get in the stores.
Spirulina grows quickly! If you follow the instructions on this book, you can grow your culture by 25% each day! This means that you may find yourself with a surplus that you can share with friends or sell at your local farmers’ market.
Growing organic spirulina also makes a great science project to share with friends and students of all ages, as a community project or just for fun.
What you will find in this guidebook:
- The basics of growing organic Spirulina
- List of all necessary equipment and ingredients and where to find them
- How to get started with just 1 liter of organic Spirulina culture or less
- How to multiply your spirulina by 25% per day!
- Precise measurements and ingredients for preparing the organic culture medium
- A daily growth chart to print and fill out
- How to safely harvest the fresh Spirulina biomass
- How to look after your Spirulina
- How to recover your Spirulina from shock and distress
- How to dry and preserve your Spirulina
- Delicious organic Spirulina recipes
About this eBook
There is plenty of excellent scientific literature that you can find online, but for the average person, they are difficult to read and comprehend. This book is written in simple English that anyone can understand, even if they don’t have any scientific background whatsoever.
If you’re still having a hard time figuring it out, or your spirulina is not growing as expected, you can always reach out to us and ask. We’d love to help.
Rather cut down your reading time and go straight to the numbers? Try our Be the medicine spirulina formula calculator instead.