Spirulina Culturing Salts, Grow 5 Gal/19L of Live Spirulina Culture
Beginner, intermediate and experienced growers alike would love this spirulina culturing salts mix, designed for growing approximately 20 Liters / 5 Gallons of live spirulina culture. Use the included manual to guide you as you mix the nutrients in water and feed it to your live spirulina.
Spirulina Culturing Salts for Science Projects
- Teachers, parents, and students – grow Spirulina easily and get great results! This balanced spirulina culturing salts mix will give you accurate results, every single time!
- Because spirulina grows quickly, experiments take a fraction of the time as plants!
- Great experiments: toxicology, light quality, environmental changes, algae blooms.
- Students have sent our algae into SPACE THREE TIMES (would have been four, but the rocket exploded. we still love you Space X!)
About Algae Research Supply
Algae Research Supply is a small group of teachers and scientists with a mission of educating the next generations on aquatic science. Over 50% of the planet’s oxygen comes from algae, however we are not emphasizing algae’s importance in schools- our mission is to make it EASY, AFFORDABLE, and REPEATABLE to teach algae in classrooms.
We grow algae and zooplankton cultures for most habitats on our planet (and perhaps Mars!) We carry freshwater, brackish, marine, and extremophile cultures of algae that grow to exhibit colorful pigments of red (phycoerythrin), orange (carotenoids), brown (fucoxanthin), blue green (phycocyanin), and green (chlorophyll).
Choose from our selection of live mother cultures, culture kits, farming kits, algae beads or Brainy Briny’s. All items come with our Algae Culturing Manual:
- CULTURE is simply live algae cells that you can grow and multiply continuously.
- CULTURE KITS include the culture, salts, nutrients, and a flask (in most kits).
- FARMING KIT is used to grow batches of algae to harvest biomass.
- ALGAE BEADS are concentrated cells in a gel, used for classrooms.
We ship items from San Diego on Wednesdays and Fridays, orders received before 9:00 am Pacific time will ship on those days.