Spirulina Culture Kit by Algae Research & Supply
Algae Research & Supply have developed a complete Spirulina Culture Kit for growing spirulina, and have perfected the method and supplies for anyone to grow any ecologically or industrially important strain of algae. It contains everything you need to grow a laboratory-grade culture at home or at your desk!
This Spirulina Culture Kit includes:
- Easy to follow instructions
- 1X50ml spirulina algae culture in a breathable flask
- Nutrient fertilizers a modification of the media formula called f/2 (Guillard and Ryther 1962, Guillard 1975), which uses NaNO3 (sodium nitrate) and NaPO4 (sodium phosphate) as the nitrogen and phosphorus sources.
- Algae inoculum- 1ml in a dense culture in a 1.5ml microcentrifuge tube.
- Spirulina culturing salts.
A Special Note for Teachers!
Have this product delivered to your school and we at algae research and supply will include extra supplies to aid in teaching algae culture in your classroom! Please send a message to us letting us know what supplies would be helpful and we will send what we are able for FREE! (limited time offer)
This is the same genus and species that is farmed worldwide! Have some fun and farm some bluegreen algae!